I’m so, so lucky to have put the Pivo on my birthday wish list this year. Because now I can film all of my rides! *happy dance* I’m now able to review my rides instantly and have these for my reference for as long as a I need. I haven’t had the Pivo long, but already I’m picking up on little details with my riding and aiming for little improvements. Not to mention, knowing the camera is rolling is teaching me to relax more and not feeling like getting a video is a ‘big deal’!
First of all, the best feature of the Pivo – you now don’t need anyone to film your rides anymore!
Since posting a few of my videos I’ve had a fair few questions relating to my new love, Pivo.
Just so you know I’m not affiliated with Pivo at all, I just really enjoy sharing the things I like with you! If something helps me with my training, I’m all for sharing it.
I have the silver Pivo it was part of a bundle with the tripod – so helpful! It also depends on what phone you have. I have an iPhone 11 Pro max. So, I think the quality of the video depends on how great your camera quality is.
The settings I use are:
- Ai Centred
- Auto Tracking
- Auto Zoom
- Predictive follow- only if inside the arena
- Beta Horse
- No tracking exposure
The videos automatically save to my camera roll, but they are also available on the Pivo Gallery which you can download onto your camera roll.
I have a few little tricks that I’ve figured out along the way.
- Make sure the sun is behind the Pivo – doesn’t like the sun in his eyes!
- Use the back camera on your phone – has the best quality!
- Wear a white saddle cloth, bright coloured shirt and/or horse boots. This helps Pivo follow you.
- I use the whole arena and get worried about riding around it when it’s in the arena. So, I found it best to put at E or B.
- I airdrop from my phone to my MacBook to edit in iMovie.
My useful links!
I’ve also found the Facebook group for the Pivo Horse riders super helpful! You can find the group here
If you are wondering where to buy this from you can visit the Pivo store here, don’t stress, it is in USD and it arrived to me in no time!
My little video edit
Small clip of our training this month, highlighting the different positions the arena with my new toy the Pivo!