Every time I share a photo, post or video on Facebook I hear more and more people out there with their own Standardbreds. I’m always completely blown away with amazement on how many horses out there doing well under saddle. I know we often fly under the radar collectively as a breed, so I would love to showcase a story of all the special Standardbreds out there.
Starting from Tuesday 17th April, I would love to share a story a week. Showcasing a Standardbred that has made the transformation into a ridden horse. I’m not just looking at showcasing horses who have won countless titles! This is open to all Standardbred’s that have turned into a ridden horse.
A few details I will need to showcase:
- Your name and location (which state)
- Horse Name (including race and competition name)
- Horses Background (if raced or trialed, when did he/she come into your life etc)
- What level your horse is currently at (how long under saddle, what discipline you are training in etc)
- Your achievements to date (I’m looking at mainly training achievements but also let me know what competition achievements you have!)
- Your goals for the next 12 months (training and competition etc)
- Photos, lots of photos!
- Your biggest inspirations
- Who you would LOVE to have a lesson with OR who you would LOVE to have dinner with to pick their brains!
- Anyone special mentions
- Did I mention photos?
I will write up a story for each horse that their story has been submitted, please ensure you haven’t sent enough information for a good size write up!
I’m keen to hear all the amazing stories, if you could please email all details (and photos!) to email@example.com
Arnie and I can’t wait to read everyone’s stories!